10th Biennial Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development Conference
Perth, Western Australia
CONFERENCE DATE 25-28 JULY 2023
We are looking forward to seeing one another in person again and meeting new people!
AWBMAMD 2023 is a Face-to-Face Conference and will NOT be offered online.
Executive Conference Program Chair: Professor Gabriel Ogunmokun (PhD)
President, Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development
Associate Conference Program Chair: Dr Cor Niemand
Acting Head of Department of Information and Knowledge Management
University of Johannesburg, South Africa. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The selected venue for Delegate accommodation and Conference sessions is
Novotel Perth Langley, 221 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA.
Perth City Video Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eclPvG5kEp0
CONFERENCE THEME: BUSINESS, MARKETING, MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE IN AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD
In this era of economic uncertainty and environmental complexity, it is vital to have research papers that will shed some light on issues that are of paramount importance to managing, marketing and financing business organisations successfully for growth and development. The Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development (AWBMAMD) aims to share research knowledge that exists in the world in the various Track Areas listed below.
Manuscripts submitted for this double blind, peer reviewed conference can be in any of the following four categories:
- An abstract only paper of 150-200 words, or
- A proposal/work in progress paper up to 5 pages (including references), or
- A competitive full paper of 10-12 pages (including tables, figures and references), or
- A literature review paper of 10-12 pages (including tables, figures and references) which must provide theoretical insights based on reviews of relevant literature.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN THE AWBMAMD REFEREED CONFERENCE INCLUDE:
- Opportunity to become a Certified Researcher: A person who presents a research paper at the conference and holds a Master degree or higher in any area of Business will become a Certified Researcher, but must attend the AWBMAMD conference every two years to renew certification and update knowledge and expertise in research.*
- Award for Best Doctoral Research Paper: A Certificate and AUD500 will be awarded for Best Doctoral Research Paper.
- Award for Best Competitive Paper: A Certificate and AUD500 will be awarded for Best Competitive Paper. Commendation Certificates will also be awarded to a number of very good papers.
- Publication in Refereed Conference Proceedings: If your paper is accepted through the double-blind, peer review process and presented at the conference it will be published in the Conference Proceedings that has an ISBN. Participants will also receive a printed “Book of Abstracts” that will be published on our website.
- Certificate of Membership and Participation: You will receive a signed and sealed Certificate of Membership and Participation for presenting a paper(s) at the Conference. If coming as a non-presenter, you will receive a Certificate of Membership from the Academy.
- Chance of Winning a free iPad: All delegates (presenters and non-presenters) who have paid their registration fee and who attend the Conference Dinner have a chance to win a free iPad through a random drawing of tickets. (The person whose number is drawn must be present at the Conference Dinner to win the prize). However, AWBMAMD organisers including the Program Chair, the Associate Program Chair and the administrative staff of the institution hosting the conference cannot win this prize.
- Networking Opportunity: You will have opportunities to network with participants from many countries around the world.
- Publication in Internationally Recognised Refereed Journals: Outstanding competitive papers will be selected to be considered to be double-blind reviewed for publication in the following internationally recognised double-blind, peer-reviewed journals that are indexed in Cabell’s, Ulrich’s and EBSCO’s research database of academic journals: Journal of International Marketing and Exporting (JIME) ISSN 1324-5864; and Journal of Management and World Business Research (JOMAWBR) ISSN 1449-3179.
* Some of the benefits of being a Certified Researcher (CR) may include respect from peers, validation of knowledge, increased marketability, increased earning power, improved reputation, enhanced credibility, etc. To qualify for certification please email the President a pdf copy of your master’s degree or higher for verification. Certification is valid for two years and is renewable at each biennial AWBMAMD Conference.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
Presenters: People can attend the Conference if they have submitted a paper which has been double blind, peer reviewed and accepted and if they have paid the registration fee.
Non-Presenters: People can also attend the Conference as an observer to listen to the presentations of papers without presenting a paper of their own, if they have paid the registration fee.
- Business, Marketing and Management in Transitional Economies
- Consumer Behaviour and Psychology
- Contemporary Leadership and Management
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development
- Environmental Marketing and Management
- Ethics, Social Responsibility and Legal Issues
- International Business, Marketing and Management
- Health Care Marketing and Management
- Human Resource Management and Occupational Health and Safety
- Information Systems, Knowledge Management, E-Commerce, E-Marketing, Business Analytics
- Leadership Theory and Development
- Management, Organisational Behaviour and Strategic Management
- Marketing and Management of Education
- Marketing and Management of Non Profit Organisations
- Strategic Marketing, Pricing Strategy, New Product Development
- Public Administration and Social Policy
- Services / Relationship Marketing
- Social Media, Promotion, Marketing Communication and Digital Marketing
- Sustainable Marketing and Management
- Technology Research and Development and Innovation
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing and Management
- Women in Leadership and Management
- Special Sessions/topics in business not covered in any of the above track areas
- Doctoral Research
TRACK CHAIRS AND REVIEWERS ARE ALSO NEEDED!
BENEFITS OF SERVING AS A TRACK CHAIR
Track Chairs will be listed on the Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development website and will also be presented at the Conference with a track chair recognition and appreciation award. You can be a track chair in more than one area.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A TRACK CHAIR
Track Chairs are expected to:
- Promote the Conference in their university, other universities, to colleagues, business people, and to research students (through posters, email, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Review papers if they are allocated to you
- Attend the Conference and serve as a Chair for one or more of the sessions
- Submit a joint or individual paper(s) to the Conference Executive Director for double blind peer review
- Receive and acknowledge papers from contributors in their track area(s)
- Send all received papers to reviewers on behalf of AWBMAMD Conference organisers
- Forward all reviewed papers, plus reviewers’ comments, to the Conference Executive Director.
BENEFITS OF SERVING AS A REVIEWER
Reviewers will be listed and acknowledged on the Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development website.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A REVIEWER
Reviewers are expected to follow Reviewer Guidelines such as:
- Review at least two to three papers in a timely manner
- Keep comments constructive to help in the development of those who submit their work
- Complete a simple Reviewer’s Form and return to the appropriate Track Chair and Executive Conference Director
IMPORTANT: To be considered as a Track Chair and/or a Reviewer please email Professor Gabriel Ogunmokun at email@example.com:
(i) your qualifications (ii) current position in your institution and (iii) one or two of the above Track Areas that you are interested in being a Track Chair and/or Reviewer for.
Click this link for the list of our current Track Chairs: https://www.academyofworldbusiness.com/wp/conferences/2023-perth-western-australia/track-chairs/
>Paper Submission Instructions
Click this link for details about submitting your papers: https://www.academyofworldbusiness.com/wp/conferences/2023-perth-western-australia/paper-submission/
Click this link for Registration information: https://www.academyofworldbusiness.com/wp/conferences/2023-perth-western-australia/registration/
PUBLICATION IN CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
For an accepted paper to be published in the conference proceedings, at least one author must pay the Registration Fee and attend the conference to present the paper. The copyright will belong to AWBMAMD unless you choose to publish an Abstract only.
As stated before, outstanding competitive papers will be selected for consideration to be double-blind reviewed for publication in the following internationally recognized double-blind, peer-reviewed journals that are indexed in Cabell’s, Ulrich’s and EBSCO’s research database of academic journals: Journal of International Marketing and Exporting (JIME) ISSN 1324-5864; Journal of Management and World Business Research (JOMAWBR) ISSN 1449-3179.
Although papers accepted for presentation as a result of the double-blind, peer review process will be published in the Conference Proceedings (subject to meeting our publication requirements), the publication of the papers is not an endorsement of the content of any of the papers by the Academy. The Academy is not responsible for any claims made in any of the papers accepted for publication in the proceedings. The authors of each of the papers are solely responsible for the content, referencing of their papers, grammar, theories, positions, and terminology, set forth in proceedings. The authors of each of the papers are also responsible for ensuring that manuscripts they have submitted for publication in the proceedings have not been published elsewhere and contain no material previously published or written by another person, except when due reference is made in the text of the paper.